[lbo-talk] Myth Making on Schwarzenegger's victory

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Tue Oct 14 19:23:55 PDT 2003

Probably because most California voters didn't know anything about them, or even never heard their names. I'm on the other coast, but my impression of how the media treated the campaign is that Arnold got 95% of the attention, and the stripper probably got most of the rest.

It isn't enough to be an excellent radical candidate with brilliant ideas -- you have to get your face out in front of the public. It'll be a looooong long time before radical politicos can do that in this man's country.

It would help a bit if Jon Stewart were watched as much as Jay Leno.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ "The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do." -- Samuel P. Huntington