[lbo-talk] re dali lama and spin

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 05:54:10 PDT 2003

Chechnya might become offshore center

MOSCOW - A small economic oasis might appear in the North Caucasus soon – Chechnya, the Izvestia newspaper reports.

It turned out on Monday that other republics paid close attention to an agreement on the division of powers between Moscow and Grozny, which is being developed now. Chechnya’s neighbors are not against allowing their territory to participate in the experiment. “I would do a lot to make Ingushetia an offshore center, again. Work in this direction is underway, but I doubt that the idea will be supported,” Ingush President Murat Zyazikov said at a press conference on Monday.

http://www.russiajournal.com/news/cnews-article.shtml?nd=40840

_________________________________________________________________ Send instant messages to anyone on your contact list with MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com