[lbo-talk] Re: recall, camejo vote

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Oct 15 09:20:02 PDT 2003

Shane Mage:
> -that touch-screen voting machines were used successfully
> to perpetrate a fraudulent vote count in the Florida, Georgia,
> and Nebraska elections
>
> -that there is no innocent explanation for the refusal of the
> operators of these systems and the (Republican) politicians
> responsible for ordaining their use to permit an auditable
> paper trail.

That sound very plausible to me, the point is, however what we can do about it. One simple solution is to boycott the voting machines altogether and request absentee ballots, which do leave a paper trail.

If enough people request absentee ballots, it would make the electronic fix more obvious, as they would have to electronically create more "votes" to counter-balance those cast via absentee ballots. An added bonus of this tactic is spoofing TV spin doctors and the media hoopla that accompany the election. Absentee ballot results will be tallied several days after the election.

Wojtek