[lbo-talk] Lind

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Oct 15 13:46:42 PDT 2003

You didn't have popular kiddie-culture extolling the merits of pimping, violence, and degradation of women.

I realize it was a difference of degree, rather than of kind, but the degree seems significant to me.

In the end, w/no disrespect to your parenting capacities, I suspect it's a matter of luck, but it's no fun feeling helpless.

mbs

"Max B. Sawicky" wrote:

> A cultural conservative is a liberal with a teenage daughter.
>
> mbs
> [w/10 yr old daughter]

The only rule I ever tried to enforce on my two daughters as teenagers (in contrast to miscellaneous rules that I might or might not have mouthed) was "Don't bring contraband into the house and get me in trouble with the cops!" They both turned out fine.

Carrol