[lbo-talk] Re: Frankie

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Wed Oct 15 19:35:17 PDT 2003

Miles writes:

"Maybe I'm reading intenton where there is none, but I always thought the "bland band" was used to highlight Frankie's interesting phrasing. If the arrangement was as interesting as Frankie's vocals, it would draw attention away from Frankie, and I can't imagine he would have been too enthusiastic about that."

You may be right. But still I think that if Sinatra had had a chance to sing with a band who could talk back to him, the way Billie's bands sometimes talked back to her, he would have risen to the occasion and we'd all be happier for it.

Joanna