[lbo-talk] Moore on Mumia

R rhisiart at charter.net
Thu Oct 16 20:40:36 PDT 2003

let's put it this way, doug: the guy was never proven guilty in a fair trial. if the court system would reopen his trial, we might know if he were guilty or not guilty. until then, he's entitled to the presumption of innocence.

the intense political pressure -- despite the facts which have emerged since the kangaroo court trial -- to keep the case from being reopened or retried leads one to believe people in power do not want evidence to emerge that would call into question both the facts of the matter as presented by the state, and the failure of the legal system to live up to its constitutional mandate to provide fair and just trials.

----- Original Message ----- From: Doug Henwood To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 8:16 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Moore on Mumia

Jurriaan Bendien wrote:

>I am convinced Mumia is innocent as charged.

How could you know that? I have no idea what happened. He got an awful trial, and capital punishment is evil, but how could you be so convinced of his innocence?