[lbo-talk] Moore on Mumia

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 21:14:51 PDT 2003

This is the effect of the federal district court's grant of Mumia's habeas petition with respect to his death sentence. Unless the Third Circuit disturbs that, or Mumia receives a death sentence on resentencing in accord with the district court's order, he will do life. It's a convenient didge for all. The Gov doesn't have to make FOP happy. He and FOP can blame it all on wimpy liberal federal courts (like there are any more). The district court doesn't have to worry about anyone but the Third Circuit. And there will be pressure on that court not to disturb a quiet resolution.