[lbo-talk] Israel capable of launching nukes from submarines

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Fri Oct 17 18:21:52 PDT 2003

Just one more reason to de-fund Israel...

Of course, that's about as close to the top of the agenda as universal health insurance.

----- Original Message ----- From: <uvj at vsnl.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 6:09 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Israel capable of launching nukes from submarines

> HindustanTimes.com
>
> Monday, October 13, 2003
>
> Israel has ability to launch nuclear weapons from submarines
>
> Agence France-Presse
> Los Angeles, October 13
>
> Israel has modified US-made cruise missiles to carry nuclear warheads on
> submarines, giving it the ability to launch atomic weapons from land, air
or
> sea, reports said on Monday.
>
> Israel's newly acquired submarine capability will complicate efforts to
> persuade Iran to abandon a suspected nuclear weapons programme, The Los
> Angeles Times reported.
>
> The missile modification was described to Times reporters by two US
> officials and confirmed by an Israeli official, the Times said. All three
> spoke on condition of anonymity.
>
> "The Americans said they were disclosing the information to caution
Israel's