[lbo-talk] Moore/Clark: The Bigger ?

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Sun Oct 19 14:05:35 PDT 2003

My main concern is making the choice that maximizes what little can be done to carve out a basis for forcing some of our issues onto the agenda as soon as possible. Of course, nobody sane really believes there is literally no difference between the two business parties. The question for me is how do I turn my back on something like the Greens or the Labor Party? f I always vore for Dems when Reps hold office, doesn't that just bolster the Dems' bogus argument that I must always vote for them? Isn't it also important to boost the Green vote under all circumstances? If they used to get 2 perecnt when Reps held office, isn't it progress if they get 4 percent this time?

Also, I have serious doubts that any Dem will beat Bush, even with Green votes. I think Dean will fall apart under pressure -- witness the strained, cardboard nature of his "anti-war" pronouncements. All the others are obvious cadavers.

----- Original Message ----- From: <nathanne at nathannewman.org> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2003 1:29 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Moore/Clark: The Bigger ?