[lbo-talk] 'Democrazy'

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 19 14:22:31 PDT 2003

To present a critique of democracy is not necessarily to be proposing fascism, indeed part of his critique of Democracy is that it can result in the election of a 'Fuhrerprinzip' like Jurg Haider. Obviously Treanor is interested in the development of more effective systems of governance of the kinds I assume we would all support in a general sense. Chomsky and others also critique Democracy - does that make them implicitly supportive of fascism? Is there anything in Treanor's writing or background that you base you query on?

Joe W.