[lbo-talk] lunatic at large (Kill Bill Vol.1)

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 19 16:01:56 PDT 2003

I saw _Kill_Bill_Vol_1_ last night. IMO it is not much more significant than an uneven, Pythonesque parody of the martial arts genre, in which the spectacular dimension is undermined by black humour and gallons of

spurting claret, both of these being things which one does _not_ tend to see in the mainstream representatives of the genre (e.g. the much hyped and IMO highly-overrated Crouching Tiger...). I think it is probably the worst movie Tarantino has directed, but that is not saying much, because he is both so technically-gifted and so cinema-literate. I also found it cathartic, after a terrible day at work, and it did not intensify the violent impulses I was already experiencing *lol*.

regards,

I saw "Kill Bill, volume I"--more millions to be made on volume II kiddies! As Jenny and I exited the theatre, I thought, "What a wonderful vehicle for detournment a la "Can dialectics break bricks"

http://www.bopsecrets.org/PS/Vienetfilm.htm

BTW, does anyone know whether "Kill Bill" has made it to South Africa yet?

Best to you all, Mike B)

===== ***************************************************************** "A man's maturity consists in finding once again the seriousness he had as a child at play."

Heraclitus, Greek philosopher (500 B.C.)

http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal