[lbo-talk] the neo-neocons - Jews and Israel

boddhisatva boddhisatva at netzero.net
Mon Oct 20 02:16:12 PDT 2003

Forget Hitchens, he is an argument addict and beyond help. His assessment of the people running Iraq is so obviously contradicted by even a single glance at Paul Bremer or even a cursory perusal of his priorities.

But the thing that interests me here today is the way in which Israel has become so socially important for many intellectual Jews. It seems to me that Israel (and by extension the war on Ismalist terrorism) is the subject where Jews can go and feel safe with the American right wing. They know the right is a bunch of bigots but Israel is that eye of the hate storm where Jews can bond with the American power structure. I really feel that watching and reading these guys like Friedman, Wolfowitz, Perle and Kristol. Have people written about that before?

peace,

boddi