[lbo-talk] Condi a lesbian?

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Mon Oct 20 10:56:58 PDT 2003

Doug wrote:

> By the way, Liza talked to a guy who owns a bookstore in Harlem who
> told her that "everyone" in the black community says Condi's having
> an affair with W, while "no one" in the white community does. For
> what that's worth.

Yeah, he said you will not find a single black person who has NOT heard this rumor, while no white people have heard it. (I haven't done my own personal survey on this.)

The bookstore owner didn't necessarily think it was true - he noted her curious lack of public boyfriend but agreed with me that it was just as likely that she was a lesbian -- or just very hard-working with no time for dating. he thought that it was possible the rumor exists because black people just didn't want to believe a successful black woman would be sincerely complicit in such bad policies. If she were having a affair and complicit with W for romantic reasons, maybe people feel it would somehow fall into the "shit happens" category and be more excusable.

Liza