[lbo-talk] Condi a lesbian?

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Mon Oct 20 11:37:24 PDT 2003

First off, I think Magruder is making huge fun of celebrity culture in the Black community where "everyone" talks about who is sleeping with whom but no one can have an articulate conversation about more substantive politics. Okay I admit my sample of "everyone" is pretty skewed but since it's definitely a product of public school plus other social welfare relaities, what the heck. Anyway, Magruder probably still knows way more about that than I do.

As for the generalized assumption that every visible political woman without a man on her arm (Janet Reno?) is a lesbian as opposed to just very hard-working with no time for dating, lesbian is the standard label for any woman straight or not who doesn't fit social expectations, so Phooey and welcome to the club Condi! I think it's irrelevant to her policy preferences and I am pretty sure Condi's views are entrenched enough that they wouldn't change regardless of who she is or isn't sleeping with.

In particular, let's see, Shrub is a DOLT without two brain cells to rub together who doesn't bother reading newspapers. Condi is smart, conversant in more than one language, widely read and respected in intellectual circles. I just DO NOT see the attraction. I Do not even see how this idea could occur to people who are WAY better at gossip than I am, even if Shrub is in his flight suit landing on the carrier or in some goofy Alfred E Newman class clown mode. Intellectually, she's more likely to be having an affair with Rummy, Wolfie, or one of the PNAC crowd, but that idea, as Dan Savage said of Oreilly in a gay bathhouse is way to scary to contemplate.

DoreneC