[lbo-talk] O'Reilly whines

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Tue Oct 21 07:28:44 PDT 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:
> You'd think that a tough guy like O'R couldn't care less if
> the Times ignored him. Typical Lib Media, right? Besides,
> if he's at the top of the charts, why does he need a review?
> Apparently his book is selling. I know a number of authors
> (myself included) who would take that trade-off in a second.
>
> Billy wants attention. He wants to be Taken Seriously. He's
> an insecure wreck, and this fuels the nightly televised
> meltdown that so many viewers appear to find either
> edifying or simply entertaining.

Again, persecution fantasies seem to be an important part of these macho blowhards' shtick. It's like it validates them, or at least that they need it. Before Savage got knocked off MSNBC, he was singling out MSNBC on his radio show as "anti-Israel", intoning that doing this could cost him his spot. Like he was daring them to fire him.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!