[lbo-talk] Was Max Cleland the victim of electronic voter fraud?

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Tue Oct 21 08:56:43 PDT 2003

"A paranoid is just someone who knows all the facts" --Wm. Burroughs (or so I've been told)

The connections between Diebold and the Repubs stinks to whatever high heaven there might be. The president and CEO of Diebold, Warren O'Dell, wrote in an invitation to a $1000/plate fundraiser for the Ohio Republican Party that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."
> From the Cleveland Plain Dealer:
http://www.cleveland.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/news/106207171078040.xml

A correspondent to the comp.risks newsgroups notes that counties that used Diebold voting machines exhibited odd-ball voting patterns, i.e., disproportionately large number of votes for obscure candidates: http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/22.95.html#subj7

A more detailed analysis of these anomalies is available in the October 8 entry at Mark Crispin Miller's weblog, http://markcrispinmiller.blogspot.com; you'll have to scroll down to see it. Some obscure candidates received votes ONLY in counties with Diebold machines.

-- Curtiss

Charles Brown:

> It is situations like this that make extremely stupid the current fad
> on the left to presumptively stigmatize all conspiracy theories. What
> we need to stigmatize is knee-jerking anti-conspiracy theory.
Conspiracy
> theories should be examined on a case by case basis WITHOUT a
presumption against them.