[lbo-talk] O'Reilly whines

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Tue Oct 21 09:01:19 PDT 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Shane Taylor wrote:
>
>> Again, persecution fantasies seem to be an important part of these macho
>> blowhards' shtick.
>

> There's not much dignity in being a publicist for power, so they've
> got to set up a ridiculous fictional scenario in which they're the
> bold and persecuted dissenters from the ruling PC liberal orthodoxy.

I wouldn't even give them that much of a rationalization. I would urge people to start thinking of O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Savage and the rest as a bunch of _pussies_. Whiny, self-absorbed, privileged little pussies who just can't _stand_ the thought of people who disagree with them. Weak-kneed, selfish, terrified little girly-men who need whole _corporations_ to coddle them and tell them they're special. Fragile little crybabies who fold as soon as they're challenged by anyone. Only word for it, gang. Fucking _pussies_.

Now, I understand that some people may feel uncomfortable with using the term "pussies," what with its other slang meanings, and all. Perfectly understandable. But I believe we should put aside this squeamishness in favor of the bigger, more important issue, which is to humiliate these creeps, to _hurt_ their _feelings_, and make them feel _really, really bad_. (In fact, it would hurt their feelings even more if _women_ called them pussies. So have them, ladies!)