[lbo-talk] Condi a lesbian?

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Oct 21 10:57:32 PDT 2003

From: DoreneFC at aol.com

First off, I think Magruder is making huge fun of celebrity culture in the Black community where "everyone" talks about who is sleeping with whom but no one can have an articulate conversation about more substantive politics. Okay I admit my sample of "everyone" is pretty skewed but since it's definitely a product of public school plus other social welfare relaities, what the heck. Anyway, Magruder probably still knows way more about that than I do.

^^^^^^^^

Dorene,

I'd like to challenge you on these parts of your post. " Everyone" in the Black community talks
>about which celebrities are sleeping with whom ?

^^^

Ok "everyone" is in quotes, but I can think of hardly _any_ Black people I know whom I have heard discussing that. It certainly is not a widespread discussion.

>No one Black can have an articulate conversation about more substantive
politics ? ^^^ That's a doozy, unless it's exaggerated self-criticism.

>"it's definitely aproduct of public school plus other social welfare
relaities, what the
>heck."

What is "it" ? The Black community ? That sounds like something Rush Limbaugh would say.

Regards, Charles Brown