[lbo-talk] O'Reilly whines

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Wed Oct 22 07:59:48 PDT 2003

Dorene:
>> And while I am at it, what is is about men who think the most
>> demeaning thing they can say about other men is to equate them with
>> women??????

Brian Siano:
>I don't see it that way-- unless one thinks that characterizing men as
>helpless, whiny, petulant, spineless twerps equates them with _women_.

Which is what you did in your original post:

>Whiny, self-absorbed, privileged little pussies who
>just can't _stand_ the thought of people who disagree with them.
>Weak-kneed, selfish, terrified little girly-men who need whole
>_corporations_ to coddle them and tell them they're special.

Girly? Yes, what could be weaker or more despicable than .... uh ... girls.

>Fragile
>little crybabies who fold as soon as they're challenged by anyone. Only
>word for it, gang. Fucking _pussies_.

No, there are plenty of words for these guys and pussy isn't even in the running. Strip out the sexism and it's still an unhelpful attack--logically, then, Schwarzenegger would therefore be qualified to comment on the issues of the day--and the perfect public official.

>Now, I understand that some people may feel uncomfortable with using the
>term "pussies," what with its other slang meanings, and all. Perfectly
>understandable. But I believe we should put aside this squeamishness in
>favor of the bigger, more important issue, which is to humiliate these
>creeps, to _hurt_ their _feelings_, and make them feel _really, really
>bad_. (In fact, it would hurt their feelings even more if _women_ called
>them pussies. So have them, ladies!)

Yes, and wow, they're so girly they're girlier than WOMEN--so it's extra harsh for women to call them wimps since, you know, we are the be-all and end-all of wimpiness. /sarcasm

do you get it yet?

Jenny Brown