[lbo-talk] Lost in Translation (was: Film Notes)

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Oct 23 06:07:14 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 22, 2003, at 06:27 PM, joanna bujes wrote:

> By the by, I went to see "Lost in Translation" and recommend it. It's
> as good a movie as can be made in America today; its treatment of
> "love in the age of consumption" is damned good.

I also liked "Lost in Translation" very much, but I wish you would expand some on your perception of the theme of "love in the age of consumption" in it -- I don't quite understand what you mean by that.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt