[lbo-talk] Take Back Your Time Day

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Oct 23 18:49:55 PDT 2003

http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/ny-vpeng223504709oct22,0,1502647.story?coll=ny-viewpoints-headlines

MARK ENGLER, NEWSDAY - On October 24, a small but growing number of Americans will celebrate "Take Back Your Time Day," calling out of work to honor the vacation they don't have. This peculiar holiday was organized by a committee of economists and nonprofit advocates in response to the fact that, as a society, we are working more than ever before. Come this Friday, if our country's workload were on par with the rest of the industrialized world, you would have the rest of 2003 off.

Full: http://www.newsday.com/news/opinion/ny-vpeng223504709oct22,0,1502647.story?coll=ny-viewpoints-headlines