[lbo-talk] Schoolgirls sell homemade porn

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 24 06:24:03 PDT 2003

Michael Pollak said:

> That seems to be the heart of it -- the combination of extreme aggression
> and extreme shyness that seems suited to both exhibitionism and
> adolescence. Has anyone ever read the 1971 book _How To Survive In Your
> Native Land_ by James Herndon? He describes an amusing incident among
> kids in the high school (obviously younger than these college students)
> where he was teaching where a fad devleoped for taking pictures of their
> private parts and in the automat and asking the opposite sex to guess.
> Somehow this just seems like a souped up version of that. Explicit sex
> but not with boys, just with your best friends, as if that was a safe
> tryout. The selling part seems like a ruse. And without a sale, it's
> less porn than an experiment with a new way to meet boys. Thus the race
> progresses.

A good call, I think, although I guess it's possible that the video may be getting wider circulation. Note that "college" in this context means a private high school and the girls were definitely 13 year-olds. Which may also exemplify the reputed downward creep of adolescence, historically, in the western world.