[lbo-talk] RE: Film Notes

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Oct 24 07:48:30 PDT 2003

On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 06:11 AM, Simon Huxtable wrote:

> I'm not, as a sporty person, sure whether I agree with
> that, but it's a point worth thinking about.

I'm not a sporty person, either -- I'm much too busy with things that matter to bother with that stuff -- but I think that a PC person has to oppose sports is just another one of those ridiculous PC ideas.

It's no wonder radicals never can get anywhere with ordinary folks when they obsess with these things. How can you expect to get the time of day from the general public when you oppose everything they enjoy and sneer at all of their pastimes?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt