[lbo-talk] Chomsky/Sports (Was RE: Film Notes)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 16:54:33 PDT 2003

<if people have the capacity to grasp
> complex concepts and
> large
> amounts of information in other areas, why not in
> politics?

It bores them. Most of us would be bored of a listserv in which the people wrote back and forth all day about their stamp collections (I would). Well, believe it or not, a lot of people would find all of our political chatter just as boring, if not more boring. As much as I like Chomsky, I found his statement to reveal a certain self-absorption. Somebody should let him in on another secret: most people are bored silly by discussions of "deep" grammar as well.

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"