[lbo-talk] 28 days after

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Sat Oct 25 22:29:47 PDT 2003

Just saw this on DVD this evening (looking for crass entertainment, this fit the bill).

It's yer basic zombie pic, but there was one twist I found interesting, given the times (WARNING: PLOT SPOILER AHEAD!);

Was anyone else who has seem this flick surprised at how the British military was portrayed? To wit; luring people to their bunker so that they can capture the women and rape them to 'regenerate the species'? Not to mention the soldier chained up that they're 'studying' is black. Essentially the military were portrayed as a bunch of psychopathic rapists, arguably an accurate assessment at times, but to my mind a little surprising these days.

Or was it just me taking this stuff too seriously?

PC N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo