[lbo-talk] Russia and US Play Dueling Bases In Kyrgyzstan

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 26 03:46:47 PST 2003

Last post.

>From: Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com>
>To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org
>Subject: [lbo-talk] Russia and US Play Dueling Bases In Kyrgyzstan
>Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:45:09 -0700 (PDT)
>
>[It appears the Russians have decided to keep a closer
>eye on, among others, their new regional neighbors,
>the US military. DRM]

The Kremlin recognizes that it does not have the resources at present to maintain stability in Central Asia, which is a top foreign policy priority. I think they view the US as helping to pick up the tab. "You want to deal with these crazies? Feel free!" The 'stans and Caucasus ain't leaving the Russian field of influence any time soon. In fact, the US just slashed aid to Georgia, just as Russian electricity monopoly snatached up its entire electricity grid. US aid to the 'stans is nowhere near what those countries' leaders want. And the are all excresences of the Russian economy, really, and exist in a Russian informational space.

How is the US going to determine events in CA and the Caucasus when it's already overextended?

_________________________________________________________________ See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com