[lbo-talk] D.C. Rally: Poor Turnout?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 26 10:15:50 PST 2003

It is quite simple.

Blowhards try to narrow the movement against the war to fit their own narrow and puristic ideologies. Hence they concentrate on what they think is an easy target, ANSWER, to disguise their splittist and self-interested motives as noble and democratic.

Those who are actually against the war and u.s. aggression will of course do their own local organizing around principles they support, and they will try, in a principled fashion, to get those principles honored at a national level. That is what the Quakers sneered at by one of the lists blowhards are doing. And that is why they work willingly with ANSWER while differing in their views.

I am urging the local group (which was started by Quakers and still draws much of its energy from them) to join UFPJ. (I'm not particularly a friend of WWP -- but I certainly hold in mere contempt anyone who wnats to read WWP out of the movement.)

If there ever was a case for use of the hated adjective "objective," this is it. Those who try to read ANSWER out of the movement are objectively warhawks and collaborators with mass murder.

Carrol