[lbo-talk] Re: Black names

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 11:04:22 PST 2003

--- joanna bujes <jbujes at covad.net> wrote:
>If there are employers who
> are not racist, I have yet to meet them

What do you mean by the above? As you know Joanna, at least in the Silicon Valley, the hiring in most companies is carried out by a particular team...very little of the decision to hire the person is carried out by HR and certainly none by the Chiefs of the company. Obviously in some cases, there could be teams where the decision makers are racist but in others they are not. Firing is done pretty much along the same lines.

Unless you have some qualifying remarks, I definitely disagree with your statement.