[lbo-talk] Doug Henwood book tour hits DC

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Oct 27 09:54:28 PST 2003

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [ACC] Doug Henwood book tour Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:10:57 -0800 From: john at evilemail.com <john at evilemail.com>

**DOUG HENWOOD talks about his new book "After the New Economy" **Monday, November 10, 7:00pm **Flemming Center, 1426 9th St. NW in DC (9th and P Sts.), a few blocks from the Shaw/Howard U and Mt. Vernon metro stops on the Green line

Come spend an evening with radical economist Doug Henwood as he discusses his new book "After the New Economy." Henwood is the founder and editor of the Left Business Observer, a monthly newsletter on economics and politics in the US and the world at large. He is a contributing editor to The Nation magazine and does a weekly program on WBAI radio, New York's Pacifica outlet. He is also the author of "The State of the USA Atlas" (1994) and "Wall Street: How It Works and For Whom" (1997).

Praise for "After the New Economy":

"Fast, funny and consistently merciless toward the purveyors of economic delusion and deception. I feel ten times smarter than I was before I read this book!" -Barbara Ehrenreich

"Here, finally, is the touch of the real thing, the antidote to the flourishing fashionable anti-capitalism in today's academia - like a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice after a chemical 'orange drink.' If Doug Henwood were not to exist, he would have to be invented: the will to change the situation is organically inscribed into his precise economic analyses. My dream is that no only economists and sociologists, but also everybody in Cultural Sciences will read this book!" -Slavoj Zizek

"Doug Henwood is a wicked genius who makes you laugh while pointing out the most horrific consequences of capitalism's most titillating hours." -Susie Bright

For more info on Doug and the book, go to http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Book_info.html

**this event brought to you by your friendly neighborhood radical economists at the Brian MacKenzie Infoshop**