[lbo-talk] one view of the Greens

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Mon Oct 27 13:22:07 PST 2003

/ dave / wrote:

> Brian Siano wrote:
>
>> (Hard to see "nostalgia" in the scheme, since I can't recall any time
>> when local currencies actually existed.)
>

> Sure they have - a century ago, in nearly every city and innumerable
> small towns in the USA, UK and elsewhere:
>
> http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&ht=1&query=%22trade+token%22&srchdesc=y
>

> ( shorter link: http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2E221A56 )
>
> Granted, the above isn't *quite* what the discussion is about...

And I should've chosen my words better: I'd meant to say that I couldn't recall such a time, as it hadn't happened in my lifetime, so I can't say that my interest in the idea was based on nostalgia. (Now, developing an economy based on collecting box-tops from Quisp and Quake, _that'd_ be nostalgia for me....)