GCN (was Re: [lbo-talk] What does Amy Goodman see in Thomas Moorer?)

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Mon Oct 27 22:20:23 PST 2003

Stephen E Philion wrote:

> Today's Democracy Now was really weird, featuring
> Thomas Moorer, a former chief of staffer for Johnson and
> Nixon, later a John Bircher far right wing conspiracy
> theorist...

Sounds like an instance of ideological harmony between Pacifica and the fundi conspiracist Genesis Communication Network <http://www.gcnlive.com/>.

I don't get Pacifica on the dial here in San Antonio, but I listen to GCN do to my terminal rubbernecking at f---upedness. Listening to GCN I hear various tropes common to the activist left (on corporations, alt. medicine, etc.) mixed with recycled JBS fare, theocratic squeals, and attacks on the "illegal" IRS and Federal Reserve. Once heard Greg Palast making the rounds there on "The Power Hour", and I think Palast even published an interview Alex Jones did with him. Alex Jones, uber crank, is popular with several local lefties/greens I know. Don't know if he's been on Pacifica, but considering their warm reception for Mike Ruppert...

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!