[lbo-talk] RE: Chomsky/sports

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Oct 28 20:16:43 PST 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Question to list (since Carrol won't see this): Apart from the corp media
> element and the nationalist/tribalist thrust of most sports (which I think
> we've covered), what should be a "leftist" response to sports & its relation
> to US culture?

I think leftists should play more sports and go with each other to more sporting events. It would help them relate to working people and the exercise would help them think better as people engaged in social change.

Plus a little physical contact could help work out aggressions that poison many an activist meeting.

Go Chiefs! 8-0!

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog)-> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ MutualAid ISP -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)