[lbo-talk] RE: Chomsky/sports

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Oct 29 06:57:39 PST 2003

On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 05:43 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Your theory as stated here is that people like X because they like X.

No, it's this: they watch sports because they like to watch sports (have fun watching sports).

Of course, this is not a "theory" at all -- it's a way of poking fun at people who think it's necessary to have a theory for the phenomenon of people watching sports. I suppose I should have explained the joke, to avoid all misunderstandings.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Music, the greatest good that mortals know,

And all of heaven we have below. -- Joseph Addison, A Song for St. Cecilia's Day