[lbo-talk] on ruppert and oliver's right wing prediliections

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 14:52:31 PST 2003

Please share Lembcke's prodigious evidence of Oliver's and Ruppert's right-wing affiliations. Below is a profile of April Oliver which does not suggest to me any 'right-wing' affiliations - she is a member of both the ACLU and the Council of Foreign Relations. Not well known redoubts of right-wingers. Also, please elaborate on the Lee Atwater thing - I have not been able to find anything on that.

Joe W. __________

April Oliver Associate Steptoe & Johnson, LLP 1330 Connecticut Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20036

AREAS OF PRACTICE Litigation

EDUCATION George Mason University School of Law J.D., magna cum laude, 2002 Member, George Mason Law Review

Princeton University B.A., cum laude, 1983

PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS Member, Council on Foreign Relations, 1995-present Member, American Civil Liberties Union, 2002-present Member, The Association for Transportation Law, Logistics, and Policy, 2002-present

April Oliver is an associate in the Washington, DC office of Steptoe & Johnson LLP. Ms. Oliver is a member of the firm’s Litigation department, practicing primarily in the area of civil litigation. She has experience in a variety of legal subspecialties, including international aviation, surface transportation, white collar defense, and the First Amendment.

Ms. Oliver joined the firm after graduating from George Mason University School of Law, where she was both a member of the George Mason Law Review and the ABA’s George Mason University Client Counseling Champion.

Before attending law school, Ms. Oliver was an investigative producer in the Special Assignment Unit for the Cable News Network. She also worked for the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour from 1989-1994 as an international affairs reporter covering conflicts in Nicaragua, South Africa, the Middle East, the Gulf War, and China. During her fifteen year career as a journalist in both television and print, her work has been honored with the Cine Golden Eagle, the Joan Shorenstein Barone Award, and two national Emmy nominations.

Selected Publications Ms. Oliver has published widely, including: "A Dream Job" Into the Buzzsaw, Kristina Borjesson, ed. Prometheus Books, 2002. "Human Experimentation at the Brink of Life" 9 George Mason Law Review 1177 (Summer 2001). "The Somalia Syndrome" Breaking the Cycle, Roderick K. Von Lipsey, ed. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1997. "Tender Torts: Garratt v. Dailey Revisited" Loyola Childen's Legal Rights Journal. (Spring 2003) (in press).

Membership in State Bar Admitted in Maryland only.