[lbo-talk] Winning the GWB dead pool

Jonathan Schwarz jonathan.schwarz2 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 30 10:53:42 PST 2003

On Thursday, October 30, 2003, at 12:14 PM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at mchsi.com> wrote:

>> There are probably already five a day, but four
>> are buying the ranch in Germany so they don't count.
>>
>> How about twenty? Forget it. Even if we disappear half of them in
>> Germany or sneaked them back in cold storage for delayed release,
>>
>> Chuck Grimes
>
> Can someone tell me what the German ranch reference is about? Cold
> storage?
> Are these references to a rumor or something substantiated?

I don't know anything about this in particular. But according to the reporter Robert Parry, during the eighties when U.S. soldiers were killed in El Salvador, the military sometimes shipped them back here and then inserted them in the wreckage of accidents on army bases. Officially, then, they died in accidents at home rather than in combat in Central America.

That was only a couple of dozen people, though. I doubt they could do anything comparable with Iraq.