[lbo-talk] Re: HOW THE ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT IS BLOWING IT: REVISITED

Woodard, Jared JWoodard at crowell.com
Fri Oct 31 06:57:18 PST 2003

>What was a little depressing when I asked him to
>answer the naive question of how change can be
>effected, or what form it would take, he admitted that
>he couldn't say. I don't say he's wrong for that, but
>it's still unnerving.

>Simon

Yeah, it's great that Zizek says we need another Lenin. But the inability to make even rudimentary noises toward a positive description of what such a Lenin might do/say leaves Zizek in virtually the same position as Derrida, with his infinitely postponed 'democracy to come' and whatnot. The irony is that Zizek denounces Derrida on exactly this point in his newest book.