[lbo-talk] re What does Amy Goodman see in Thomas Moorer?

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 09:04:59 PST 2003

The process of discreditation happens by dint of someone being found to have committed some kind of professional - in this case journalistic - malfeasance, not by David Corn waving his magic wand - Corn merely makes a series of snide remarks about Mike Ruppert and fails to effectively question any of his research. The smarmy title of Corn's article suggests clearly that it is a smear job. - see http://www.questionsquestions.net/documents2/corn2.html

'Concern about the left's apetite' for 'these people' sounds like the concern of puritanic matrons that their children are being exposed to say, rock and roll, and can't figure out for themselves what they should like. If the information is not good - it should be evident and should not need anybody's 'concern'. There are already various numbers of 'left' positions on any number of issues. Rather than policing what other people read or hear, researchers are better off producing their own work and offering it instead.

Finally, I'm sure Amy Goodman decided - in her estimable opinion on such matters - that General Thomas Moorer was the best source on the issue of the USS Liberty, his ideological orientation notwithstanding. What I don't understand is why people like you are more concerned about Amy interviewing someone who is affiliated with a marginal group like the Birchers - and don't seem to mind that she more routinely interviews people like ex-DCI James Woolsey. You seem to me more concerned with narrow cliquish purism than open minded discourse.

Joe W.