[lbo-talk] U.S. Economy Grew 7.2% in 3Q, Fastest Pace in 20 Years

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 31 12:24:53 PST 2003

DoreneFC at aol.com wrote:

>So my only question about this thread: what all numbers have been
>cooked to get here?

The numbers are not cooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I keep saying, the numbers are produced by competent civil servants who are very open about their work. They're also produced by a bourgeois state for the consumption of the bourgeoisie, which needs to know what's going on. There's no Straussian game going on, where the real numbers are hidden from plain view, either. Goldman Sachs and the faculty of Wharton use the same numbers I do.

Doug