[lbo-talk] Re: HOW THE ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT IS BLOWING IT: REVISITED

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Fri Oct 31 14:10:22 PST 2003

Thanks, John. I just put The Consumer Trap on my immediate reading list for the book I'm writing on Wal-Mart, which will have lots of discussion of the limitations of consumer campaigns (though I'm in favor of them, of course, just think, for a lot of reasons, they need to be an avenue to something else). Can't wait to read it. Is Michael Dawson the same Michael Dawson who's on this listserv?

By the way, I think Dave means ordering a Whopper at McDonald's -- because they don't sell Whoppers, Burger King does. Which I would have to agree is a very silly sort of resistance indeed.

Liza