[lbo-talk] Conscription: The Neocon Word That Dare Not Speak Its Name

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 1 10:59:24 PDT 2003

One good thing about the Iraq war: it destroyed the nation and destabilized the region and we are not getting out in our lifetimes (that's the bad things), but (this is the good thing) it pretty much paralyzed US imperialism in a way that even Vietnam could not. We're not going to do this again. The eagle's wings are entangled in net. Bush's dreams of grandeur have backfired spectacularly: far from showing that the US is onipotent, he has shown that it is crippled. Unfortunately, Iran and N. Korea and everyone else is going to get the bomb in the aftermath. But that will only pin us down more throroughly, I am pleased to say.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8782-2003Aug31.html