[lbo-talk] Baghdad: 35 Murders A Day

Maria Gilmore mgilmore at bigzoo.net
Tue Sep 2 15:34:13 PDT 2003

Now I remember that. It was just before the invasion that he emptied the prisons, but at the time there was very little mention in Western media about the dangerous people who were freed. The coverage focused on the political prisoners. And there is an epidemic of rape...I've read of how strict Muslim families have thrown a raped female relative out on the street, and how the men of such families have added to the bloody mayhem by seeking revenge.

There is no one with the authority and numbers and organization to control this.