[lbo-talk] 77% of Americans support the cretinous judge

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Tue Sep 2 17:49:56 PDT 2003

poll:
> 53. Do you approve or disapprove of a federal court
> decision ordering an Alabama court to remove a
> monument to the Ten Commandments from public
> display in its building?

> Approve Disapprove No opinion
>
> 2003 Aug 25-26 19 77 4

Sometimes, this country scares the piss out of me.

Last week, I was talking to a woman who voted for Bush but has had a major upheaval in her perspective since coming out as bi. She used to be a very devout Christian, even fell in with a fringe evangelical group for a few years after high school. I told her what Joel Schalit once said, that the likely revolutionaries in this country don't read Che, but the Good Book. She agreed vigorously, and said she expects more Ruby Ridges.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!