[lbo-talk] 77% of Americans support the cretinous judge

Thiago Oppermann thiago_oppermann at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 2 23:50:35 PDT 2003

On 3/9/2003 4:09 PM, "lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org" <lbo-talk-request at lbo-talk.org> wrote:

> I think Nathan's got it right. The village-atheist tone of some of these
> posts is getting a bit shrill. Remember that the form of Christianity
> espoused by, say, Tom Delay (an heretical form, I'd say) is held by only a
> minority of US Christians. Others take quite different positions, as is
> noted by (of all people) Noam Chomsky -- who thinks that all God-talk is
> incoherent, but points out, e.g., that Christian churches and church
> groups were far more active than the soi-disant Left in opposing the
> Reagan wars in Latin America. --CGE

Shrill? We really are not talking about Monsignor Romero, are we? We are talking about pro-death, anti-choice, manichean bigots who think Islam is the work of Satan and Israel is to be supported so the Jews can convert or die when the Apocalypse comes. The sort of person who thinks justice will be served better with a dose of dogma. The last thing wrong with such people is that they are heretics.

Thiago