[lbo-talk] 77% of Americans support the cretinous judge

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Sep 3 09:48:54 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 2, 2003, at 06:22 PM, Nathan Newman wrote:

> Okay, the Buddhists and atheists aren't
> happy,

No, we're not!

> which is why the federal court decision was right, but this is hardly
> incipient theocracy rearing its head to want tokens of faith around.
> They
> shouldn't get it by court doctrine but I don't see anything that
> terrible
> with folks wanting otherwise.

We're not happy because this mindless Christian boosterism (I don't think the Alabamans supporting this ridiculous monument thing include many Jews) is evidence of the low level of education of the majority of Americans (especially in the southern latitudes), which is a dangerous condition.

Yes, as some posters have pointed out, the number of real wacko Christians is rather small, but one would think that any properly educated person, Christian or not, would immediately see that the courts were perfectly correct in smacking this Moore guy down.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ "Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." -- Groucho