[lbo-talk] Re: Hitchens

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Sep 4 11:32:41 PDT 2003

C. G. Estabrook wrote:

>I think Hitchens' position on the Bush wars is contemptible, but he was
>right about the impeachment. Clinton was guilty as charged and should
>have been removed.

That's nuts. Clinton lied about a blowjob. Who cares? I'm sure every president would be theoretically impeachable, but why single him out? Bush's crimes are far worse than lying about a blowjob. And if he'd been impeached, it would have been a great victory for the Christian right, which deserves nothing but defeat. It was so wonderful to watch Weyrich's reaction - admitting he was wrong about the corrupt elite leading a moral majority. The majority is corrupt too, he admitted. Now if that corrupt majority would only own up to it, instead of revering the commandments.

Doug