[lbo-talk] Reverence for nature

Curtiss_Leung at ibi.com Curtiss_Leung at ibi.com
Fri Sep 5 11:31:37 PDT 2003

You mean nature as in the Greek "Physis?" (or phusis, if you like your upsilons to stay that way)

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/ptext?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.04.0057 %3Aentry%3D%23112721

See especially definitions III and IV.

All this reminds me of the "childhood was invented in the 19th century" trope (meme?), which I understand was finally smothered by some massive dull tome assembled from serious historical research out recently from some prestigious university press.