[lbo-talk] employment

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Fri Sep 5 23:18:04 PDT 2003

Quoting Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org>:

> I spent part of my afternoon calming down a sister who is unemployed and
> was in hysterics about "giving up on everything." The trigger today was
> being rejected from a $200 ragweed guinea pig study for medical reasons.

My own experience is, it's always the little things which drive you nuts when you're unemployed. I think it's a self-defense mechanism: the brain shuts down when confronted with really big things, like monster bills and spiraling credit card payments. Or at least mine does. But then some little thing will happen and all the repressed negativity erupts.

-- DRR