[lbo-talk] Fwd: Our hero in the Congress, Ron Paul, electrified the Congress on Friday with an amazing speech

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Sep 6 09:52:47 PDT 2003

[Alex Cockburn's favorite Congressperson uncorks another...]

Our hero in the Congress, Ron Paul, electrified the Congress on Friday with an amazing speech in which he:

1. Slammed our current fiat money monetary system as unfair to labor and seniors; 2. Condemned central banks for manipulating the price of gold downward; 3. Chastised Federal Reserve Chairman Greenspan for hubris in thinking that he and his band of cohorts could somehow outguess the free market; 4. Damned legal tender laws as immoral; 5. Warned about the threat fiat money poses to our freedom and our way of life; 6. Decried the injustice to seniors who lose interest on their hard earned savings as a direct result of the Federal Reserve's manipulating interest rates for the benefit of special interests; and, much more.

For the text of Dr. Paul's speech, entitled "Paper Money and Tyranny," click on:

http://www.fame.org/whatsnew.asp

Best Regards,

Larry Parks Executive Director FAME Foundation for the Advancement of Monetary Education Box 625, FDR Station New York, NY 10150-0625

Tel: 212-818-1206 Fax: 212-818-1197 Website: http://www.FAME.org