[lbo-talk] employment

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Sat Sep 6 14:16:17 PDT 2003

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 13:38:42 -0700, <dredmond at efn.org> wrote:

> Quoting Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org>:
>
>> The violent thoughts are very entertaining--I try to channel mine into
>> thoughts of disemboweling spammers and right wingers.
>
> Videogames are another great sanity-stabilizer.
>
> It's astonishing how accurately the great videogames of the Bubble era
> (Jan 1998-April 2001) anticipated the Mordor-ization of Bananamerica.
> From Black Mesa Labs to the Aesir Corporate tower...

You know, it might be worth having a kind of HUAC to investigate subversive influence in video games. No, it's not that I want to see game designers oppressed. I just want to see a bunch of right-wing Senators _try_ to interrogate a lot of ultra-literal, maddeningly-precise Asperger's Syndrome people. Talk about entertainment value!