[lbo-talk] Dean and the White Man's Burden was Pollitt on Dean

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 7 01:30:38 PDT 2003

>>Hardy har har. Stalin has a 40% popularity rating here.
>
>http://english.pravda.ru/society/2003/03/06/44072.html
>According to the last opinion poll held by the Russian Center for Public
>Opinion (VCIOM), 53% of the questioned think that Stalin-s role in the
>history of Russia was great. Number of people who negatively estimate the
>role of the leader is almost twice as less and makes up 33%.
>--
>Michael Pugliese

I would say about 30% of the population rates him as on ballance good for the country, 15% as completely positive, 15% as completely negative and the rest don't know/don't care.

Russian culture tends to care about results, not how you get them. Stalin got results in spades.

_________________________________________________________________ Get 10MB of e-mail storage! Sign up for Hotmail Extra Storage. http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es